Last updated: 09.08.2019
Why do we collect data?
We process personal data in order to fulfill our contracts with our customers which is to provide an event app service for organizers and participants, develop and enhance the service, provide support, as well as to perform marketing and sales-related activities for existing customers and new prospects.
Our legal basis for data collection and processing is as follows:
|Category||Type of data processing||Legal basis|
|1||Provide an event app service for organizers and participants||– Performance of contract
|2||Marketing and sales-related activities||– Consent
– Legitimate interest
What data do we collect?
Category 1: When using the app we may collect the following personal data: your name, company, title or position, e-mail address, phone number, twitter handle, social media addresses, your photo, your IP address, location, event information associated with your user account, interactions in the app, page views, time spent, your posts and submissions within the app and other data uploaded to the service by you or the organizers of the event.
Category 2: We may collect name, e-mail address, company, title or position, phone number, social media account information, IP address, comments/notes, navigation data (including website usage data), e-mail usage, system usage, location, and other information that has been submitted, stored or received from the end user.
How do we collect data?
We collect personal and anonymous data from the following sources:
through your data entries, cookies, tracking and 3rd party sources.
- Data you provide through the service, website, e-mail or phone
- Data the organizers provide through the service, website, e-mail or phone
- Through cookies and tracking of your interactions in the service, website, e-mail
- Through 3rd party sources
Is the collection of personal data optional?
Your e-mail is required in order to access the app. Furthermore, your name is required in order to enter an event in the app. You may opt for this information not to be visible to other attendees. Some data may be prepopulated by the organizer and for this data as well as for the rest of the personal data, you can provide or remove it as you’d like to in the app, by contacting the organizers or by contacting our support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Who else will have access to the personal data that is collected?
The data we collect may be used by:
- EventEye AS
- Event owner, organizer and their authorized agents
- Other attendees will have access to the information on your public attendee profile through the app and some usage metrics such as how much you are interacting with the app through our gamification features.
- In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, any information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assignee.
All personal data uploaded and generated while using the app is deleted no later than six months after you cancel your user account. We retain your personal data in order to provide you with your content if you choose to continue using the app within the next six months.
We may continue to store customer information about you after you have canceled your user account for the following reasons:
- Bookkeeping (we have a duty to store accounting information for 5 years in accordance with Norwegian law)
- Collecting any outstanding amounts (if you still owe us money after the expiration of the agreement)
- Defend any legal claims (if we are in dispute over the rights or obligations of the agreement)
Transfer outside EU/EEA
We use the following subcontractors to process personal data outside the European Union and the European Economic Area:
- Google, Inc. (Privacy Shield certified)
- Mixpanel, Inc. (Privacy Shield certified)
- Amplitude, Inc. (Privacy Shield certified)
- SendGrid, Inc. (Privacy Shield certified)
- Zapier, Inc. (Privacy Shield certified)
- HubSpot, (Privacy Shield)
- Freshworks, Inc. (Privacy Shield)
What are my rights?
We abide by the Norwegian Personal Data Act which regulates your rights to access, change or delete the personal data we have collected. Further, we comply with GDPR article 15-22 which regulates your rights to access, rectify, be forgotten and restrict the processing of your personal data as well as receiving the personal data concerning you.
If you have any questions please submit them to email@example.com, and we will answer them for you as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority: https://www.datatilsynet.no/ but we recommend that you contact us first.
What do you do to ensure my personal data is safe?
We maintain security measures to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access to your personal data.
Our security measures fulfill the requirements of the Norwegian Personal Data Act in regard to informational security.